Where to hear us:
TEAM 1040 AM – CKST
TEAM 1410 AM – CFTE
How to be good sports radio caller/contributor:
We want your contributions through phone calls, emails and text messages. Here are the guidelines for each.
- Call us on a good clear phone line, land line is preferable over a mobile phone – if we cannot hear you we cannot use you.
- As Jim Rome says “Have a take and make sure that take does not suck”. Before you get a chance to go on the air with your comments, you will need to tell the call screener exactly what it is that you want to talk about. The call screeners are instructed to only put the best callers on-air and screen the rest out. If your take has already been heard on-air you will most likely get screened out.
- We want to get as many different callers on air as possible, so if you call often you may get screened out so we can give a few different callers their chance to be on-air
- We want to get through as many callers as possible, so when you do get on the air don’t ask “how are ya doing?” – trust us, everyone is just fine. Just get straight to your take and we can get through more callers.
- Click here to email the guys who are on-air now.
- The same concept as above applies – our email screeners are instructed to only pass along the best email comments to the show hosts and to screen out the less than worthy stuff.
- No “War & Peace” novels please, brevity counts. Obviously the more entertaining/opinionated/funny your email is the better the chance it will get read on air by the hosts.
- No attachments, you are welcome to send us the links to funny songs/guy getting hit in the junk videos etc. If necessary one of our show producers can always follow up with you if we need your song or whatever in a different format.
What is a text message?
A text message is a text-based message sent or received on your mobile handset.
How can I send a Text Message to TEAM Radio?
Just text your messages to 104040 (a $0.50 network fee applies for each SMS you send in) from your mobile phone. You can send your comments, sports rants, or questions to our on-air hosts any time. Our hosts will receive your message and might even read it out on air, so remember to include your name in the text message.
How much does it cost to send a text message to TEAM Radio?
For each text message you send in costs $0.50. There is no premium fee to receive messages from us. You will not receive unsolicited messages (a.k.a SPAM). Your mobile number will be kept private and not passed on to third parties.
How do I stop receiving text messages from TEAM Radio?
To exit from any service, just send the word STOP to 104040. ($0.50 per msg sent)
What is a shortcode?
A shortcode is a five or six-digit number used to address text messages. Our shortcode is 104040.
Who can see my mobile number?
Your mobile number is kept confidential. It will not be used by anyone without your permission.
TEAM Radio Contest Rules:
- No purchase necessary. The contest runs at such time as is indicated on-air by the program host at the applicable radio station on which the contest airs (the “Station”). The caller who places the call received in the position indicated by the program host (for example, the 8th caller) and who correctly answers the mathematical skill testing question posed by the Station representative will be eligible to win the prize. In the event the entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply.
- PRIZE: Each prize and its value will be as described on-air by the program host. Prize must be picked up at the Station by the date indicated by the Station representative. In the event the prize includes a trip, prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described by the program host including, without limitation, applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation, meals, beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Flight dates and hotel accommodation are subject to change without notice or compensation. Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from point of department as the prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion failing which the prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Some restrictions and blackout periods may apply.
- Chances of winning depend on the number of calls received.
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of the province in which the Station is located and be over the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of Bell Media Inc., its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. Applicable If the Contests Has a Prize Values of $499 or less: Winners of a prize from a Bell Media Inc. contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) are not eligible to enter the contest if such contest starts within ninety (90) days of the date their prize was awarded. Applicable If the Contests Has a Prize Values of $500 or more: Winners of a prize with a cash value of $500 or more from a Bell Media Inc. contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes), are not eligible to enter the contest if such contest starts within ninety (90) days of the date their prize was awarded. For clarity, winners of a prize with a cash value of $499 or less from a Bell Media Inc. contest may enter the contest no matter when such prize was awarded.
- In order to receive the prize, winner and, where applicable, his/her guest(s) (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) will be required to sign a Standard Prize Winner Release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Contest Sponsor(s) from all liability relating to the contest. No substitution for, or transfer of the prize, will be allowed. The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- All decisions of the Station are final. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Prize claimants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, comments and/or photograph, without further compensation, in any future publicity carried out by the Station in connection with this contest.
- If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor(s), in its/their sole discretion, the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its/their control, Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
- FOR CONTESTS OPEN TO QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- By entering this contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor(s) for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. Contest Sponsor(s) will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor(s) should be addressed to the Station.